Friday, August 31, 2012

120831

Distance: 10.4km
Time: 1:06:48
Average speed: 6:25min/km

Feedback: It was a record breaking feat for me to run more than 10km. This is the first time in my life I ran this far I think lol! Nevertheless, I guess I could have done better if not for the waist pain (cramp?) I suffer at the 3rd kilometer. It was too painful that it reduced me to walking for about 200 meters. Thought about calling it a day and continue it the next day, but somehow managed to pull out that energy to try and continue the run, which in the end, I managed to get my first 10km.

I ran the south course for two laps and on the second lap, I almost fell not once, but twice for not seeing some steel bump on the ground and kicked it. Luckily for me I managed to steady myself. And the sky is getting dark very early nowadays. Currently thinking what other alternatives I have since I will be working from Roppongi from next week onwards and the journey back home after works takes an hour.

Anyway, I ran for 9.39km (6.23min/km) for the first hour. As long as I keep this pace, I think I should do okay during the race. Just that another point I learned is to make sure I do proper warming up and warming down. Had some muscle pain after the run as I suspect I didn't warm down properly enough. Today is also my first time using Runkeeper and indeed it is a good device to record and check on my pace etc. Will use this during the race as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment